The store operating at www.sewme.pl is owned by SewMe Aneta Maty, ul. Bora-Komorowskiego 39/44, 03-982 Warsaw, NIP [Tax ID] 527 240 68 13, entry into the Business Activity Central Register and Information Record kept by the Minister of Economy (CEIDG), e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, hereinafter referred to as: "On-line Store" or "Seller"
I. Ordering & shipping
- An order is placed by the Customer adding selected goods to the cart. The cart allows the Customer to manage the ordered products and calculate the value of the order. Products can be added to and removed from the cart at choice.
- An order confirmation is sent to the e-mail address provided in the order form.
- The Customer can choose one of the following methods of payment for the purchased goods:
- card payment or on-line payment via PayU or PayPal.
- transfer to the store's bank account:
Santander Bank Polska S.A.
PL76 1090 0088 0000 0001 4458 4231
SewMe Aneta Maty
Bora-Komorowskiego 39/44, Warszawa 03-982
Please include your order number as the transfer reference.
- The purchased goods are shipped within 5 working days after the payment has been credited to our account.
- If it is not possible for us to complete the order, the Customer is informed about it immediately.
- The purchased goods are sent via Polish Post.
- The shipping cost depends on the number of goods purchased.
- For every order, a receipt or a sales slip is issued.
- The prices are provided in PLN and include VAT.
- The shipping cost of the goods is covered by the Customer according to the price list for such services available on the website. The shipping costs are covered by the Customer upon payment for the ordered goods.
- The on-line store is not liable if the Customer provides an incorrect shipping address. If the package is returned by the shipping service due to a wrong address, the Customer pays the cost of re-dispatch.
II. Withdrawal from agreement
- A Customer who entered into a remote or an off-premises agreement may withdraw from it within 14 days without giving a reason and without incurring costs, except the costs specified in Article 33, Article 34(2) and Article 35 of the Act on Consumer Rights of 30 May 2014 (Polish Official Journal of 2014 item 827).
- The Customer may withdraw from the agreement by sending a written statement on withdrawal from the agreement to email@example.com.
- The Seller is obliged to return the payment for the goods to the Customer (except costs of shipping to and from the Customer).
- The Seller returns the payment using the same payment method as was used by the Customer, unless the Customer expressly agreed to a different method, which does not imply any additional costs.
- The Customer is obliged to return the goods intact not later that within 14 days after they have withdrawn from the agreement. To observe the time limit, it is sufficient to dispatch the goods before the said time limit lapses.
- The Seller will return the payment for the goods (the goods' gross value) within 7 days after receiving the goods.
- The Seller is liable to the Customer if the sold goods have physical or legal defects (warranty) in accordance with the regulations in force, notably with the Act on Consumer Rights of 30 May 2014 (Polish Official Journal of 2014 item 827) and the Polish Civil Code. The warranty rights to which the Customer is entitled are specified in Article 556 et seq. of the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code (consolidated text: Polish Official Journal of 2014 item 121 as amended).
- The complaint may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Customer should provide the following information: first and last name, order number, date of receiving the package, description of reasons for complaint and demands from the Seller.
- If the Customer notices a lack of any of the purchased goods in the package, they should inform the Seller within 48 hours after receiving the package.
- The Customer is not entitled to a complaint if they use the goods inappropriately or in the case of colour differences resulting from different settings of the Customer's screen.
- The Seller handles the complaint within 14 days after it has been filed or the goods have been delivered, if it is necessary for handling the complaint. The costs of complaint and exchange are incurred by the Seller.
V. Final Provisions
- The website collects a minimum of information necessary for processing the order, i.e. first and last name, telephone number, address, and e-mail address. The collected information is not disclosed to third parties. Data processing, according to the Act on the Protection of Personal Data, is performed only with the aim of completing and shipping the order and issuing an invoice. The Customer has every right to access, correct and delete their own personal data collected by the website.
- The current version of the Terms and Conditions is available to the Customer under the "Terms and Conditions" tab. During the ordering process, the Customer is bound by the Terms and Conditions which they accepted upon placing the order.
- To all matters not settled herein, the provisions of the Polish Civil Code and the Polish Act on Protection of Certain Rights of Consumers of 02 March 2000 and the Polish Act on Liability for Damage Caused by a Dangerous Product (Polish Official Journal of 2000 no. 22, item. 2).